Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cliff Hangers

Just finished a 300 page novel in 3 days. I am remembering why I don't read fiction anymore. I get sucked in and can't stop reading. While it's great to escape, I totally get frustrated with every small distraction from my kids. "Go play." Mommy's reading her book," I find myself saying in an aggravated tone. (Sigh) So I finally get to the end of the book at 1:00 AM, and of course it leaves me hanging. It's so unfair! Now I am stuck in a three book series. I keep telling myself to slow it down, but I have already reserved the second book at the library, and I know it's only going to leave me with another cliff hanger so I will get the final book when it is released in August.

All my friends who told me to read The Hunger Games, you are getting virtual crusties from me as you read this blog entry. Just kidding. It is an awesome read. I am really looking forward to the next two books. Can't wait to see if the Capital goes down, and how the love triangle resolves. Getting giddy just thinking about it! Read it, if you haven't already, you won't be disappointed.

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad that you read it! :) Yes, I apologize...it is a cliffhanger. And impossible to calmly set aside and just wait. I've got the second one...if you want it. ;)

Shellee said...

I am so excited that you read it! Catching Fire leaves you hanging the same way! I was told not to read it until the 3rd book came out, but I just couldn't wait. Oh, you're going to LOVE it too!

Saren said...

When I find a book I love I do the same thing- and stay up late so that I can finish it, drag the next day and do it all over again! Sounds like a good book to pick up...

Emily said...

Ha ha, I'm glad you liked it so much too! I had a hard time putting it down too. Now I can't decide if I should read the 2nd one now or in a few months when it's closer to when the 3rd one comes out. Tough decision.

JenniG said...

So you've been sucked in just like the rest of us. The second book is just as good as the first, but leaves you hanging too. I can't wait for the 3rd to come out. Enjoy your kids, and enjoy your reading time too.

JenniG said...

ok, I just have to clarify that maratonmom2b is Jen Groves, just so you're not thinking who is this random person commenting on my blog. :)

mlebagley said...

I loved that book too! Did John ever finish it? If you are looking for a good human interest one with a mystery twist read The House at Riverton by Moreton....! Love you! Hey, remember those bacon peanuts you left in the car from our fishing trip? I just finished eating them (mom brought them to work and handed them to me right after you all had left for home). Thanks for leaving them...they were tasty! Miss you, my fishing sista...